I was feeling nostalgic the other day so my mind was filled with thoughts of things from back home. To ease up my homesick feeling, I made us some bicol express. Hubby love this dish even though he doesn't like shrimp paste taste hehehe.
Some people in Bicol cook this in oil but I love to cook it with coconut milk with lots of hot pepper.I'll share the recipe if someone asks hehehe. Need to go to the store NOW..
Okay here is a simple recipe in making bicol express..
- 1 lb pork (some like the fatty ones.. I don't lol), I use stew meat.
- a can of coconut milk
- onion and garlic
- shrimp paste
- hot peppers
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Cut the pork according to desired size.
- Slice the tomato and onion/crush the garlic
- Slice the peppers, the hotter the pepper is the better (wink).
- Open the can of coco milk and put it in the pan, add the onion, garlic, tomato, a spoon of shrimp paste, and salt and pepper
- Let it simmer and add the meat, stirring the coconut milk so it won't form a lump.
- When the meat is cook, add the hot pepper.
- Serve it with rice and you have a nice smokin' hot meal!
that a little bit of this
and a little dash of that
makes a sumptuous life...
so Spice Up Your Life.