Toron or deep fried banana rolls is one of the popular snacks in the place where I grew up in. It is good when you wrap it with a langka filling in it. My mother used to made this for us when were growing up. Hubby and Ms. Burrito likes to eat it so whenever I see some plantain in the store and I have a lumpia wrapper and canned jack fruit in my cabinet, I always buy some to make toron. The plantain is not as good as the saba but it's good enough or should I say it's better than nothing lol.
- Today is Friday the 13th and I was always told by old people that it is not a good day. So far, it is becoming a good day since Blogger is now available. I was getting worried since yesterday because I couldn't do anything and although it was available for reading but some of the posts and comments were temporarily removed by Blogger. Some of my posts and comments are still missing but I am hoping that they will republish it soon. Thanks to the team from Blogger who are working hard to fix the problem.
- A friend is changing the layout of one of Mr. K's blog and she presented me some banners that I like. She already installed it actually.
- We went to Giant Eagle this morning to drop off the two balikbayan boxes that we are sending to my family back home.
- After the drop off, we decided to cruise down Pittsburgh to get some asian goodies. I am glad we went because there are plenty stocks of tinapa there.
- I made some toron when we came back.
- Now hubby and kids are at my FIL while I stayed trying to update some posts.
Thank you all so much for your visits and thoughts!