Good morning everyone, howdy? Below is a snack I made a couple of days ago. I miss the maruya that my Mom used to make out of saba (Philippine cooking banana) so I made some out of plantain (cooking banana in US). It wasn't as good as the one made from saba but it was good enough to fill my cravings.
- My birthday yesterday is very memorable, WE DON'T HAVE WATER! Weirton declares state of emergency due to massive water outage since early morning yesterday. We still don't have water till now, they are hoping to fix it but if the repair does not materialize, they have to start over again and we won't have water for a week. The problem originated from a multiple line failure at the City's water plant last Thursday. It said on the news that the pipe used at the main plant was a 1964 kind which is not used these days so they are having a hard time to fix the problem.
- Hubby said that if this happened during his off from school, we could have went somewhere for a short family holidays so that we won't have to deal with no water. But we can't do it now because he has summer classes. I a hoping that the water line would be fix soon.
- Hubby believes that things comes in threes so hopefully this water problem is the last one this year. The first thing we experienced was no heat for two days last winter, then our AC ran out of Freon, the's the second and now this water which is the third. I am crossing my fingers crossed.
- Good thing, it rained last night, we put our buckets where the rain water was falling and we have saved some for toilet flushing.
- My youngest sister is celebrating her 18th birthday today. Happy birthday Mae, we love you!
Hope you guys have a very good weekend.