My husband and our daughter baked an Upside Down Apple Pie last Thanksgiving. Hubby saw this on TV and he wanted to try it out. I am not fond of apple pie but with the addition of pecans in it, I loved it!
As promised, here is the recipe courtesy of Mr.Food.com:
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup light brwn sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package refrigerated rolled pie crusts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 large Granny Smith or other firm apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2 wedges
- Preheat he oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a deep dish pie plate with cooking spray and line it with wax paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine 4 tablespoon butter, the brown sugar, and pecans. Mix well and spread evenly over bottom of pie plate.
- Unroll 1 pie crust and place it in a pie plate, pressing crust firmly against nut mixture and sides of pie plate; set aside.
Your pie pan should look like this when you removed the pan.