I always find a way to re-purpose or re-cooked left overs. My absolute favorite leftover is chicken because you can pretty much incorporate to a lot of dishes. Here's a great example for left over chicken turned into a yummy dish. Preparation is very easy. I cooked the potatoes in a microwave.
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 4 pieces of paper towels
- left over chicken, shredded
- 1/2 bell pepper sliced into desired sizes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly with skin on. Wet the paper towels and wrap each potatoes. Bake it in the microwave until it is done. I usually just set the baked potato and come back when it is done. Or you can wrap it in foil and bake it in the oven, whichever you prefer.
- Put the olive oil in a pan and saute the onion, chicken, peppers, scallions for about 5 minutes and add salt and pepper to taste.
- When it is done, cut the potatoes in the middle and squeeze the ends to open it up. Add a scoop of the sauteed chicken and top it with cheese. Put it back for 1 minute in the microwave until the cheese is melted.