My husband texted me yesterday that he was craving for some meatloaf so I looked for recipes online and found this one at allrecipes.com. I did however put my own spin on it depending on what I have available in my fridge/pantry. I replaced the ground beeg with turkey and also replaced the bread crumbs with gluten-free prezel crisps that I ground up. So here it is.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup ground gluten-free pretzel crisps
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, egg, onion, milk, carrots, and pretzel crisp crumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, or form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.