Of the three pretzels that I received from Boulder Brand, the Glutino buffalo style is my favorite. It has some kick to it and I love that it's not too spicy, just the right amount of spice in it.
I have left over steel head fish in the refrigerator and wanted to make fish patties out of it so here's what I came up with.
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 cup of frozen spinach
- 2 cups of cooked mung beans, served as a binder for the fish
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 pack of meatloaf mix, (YEP I added that!)
- 1 1/2 cups crushed buffalo style pretzels for crunchy factor
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Form a palm size patty and rolled it on the crushed pretzel.
- Put some parchment paper in the baking sheet and line up the patties.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top of the patties and bake it for 50 minutes or until the patties are brown. The barbecue flavor in the pretzel give the patties a really tasty twist. You won't even notice that you are eating a fish!