- We had a rough day today. We bid our final goodbye to my BIL Dave. This is my very first time witnessing a funeral here so it is a new thing to me. It is way different than our custom in the Philippines. Thank you all for all your prayers and kind words, it's a great thing for our family!
- Despite the fact that we just had a final moment with our love one, life must go on so we let the kids to do trick or treat. It was also a great way for the family to stay longer at Dad's house and keep him company.
- It's 6 minutes before 12 but am trying to type this post, I am exhausted actually. Thank you all for keeping my blogs alive even on my hibernation!
Monday, October 31, 2011
One of the main course I prepared a couple of weeks ago, the broccoli and beef.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Another popular fruit in the Philippines is the Papaya and the Pomelo. These photos were taken at Epcot Development Center in Disney World.
October 30, 2011:
- We had a rough day today. We went to church for Ms. Burrito's school function.
- Changed costume after church and went to School Gym for another function.
- Then we went to Dad's, visited a little bit and went to the funeral house. We went back to Dad's after the showing at the funeral home and just came home. The kids were exhausted and now in bed.
- We will be waking up early tomorrow for Dave's funeral.
Thanks so much for your prayers and comforting words.
Saturday, October 29, 2011
I have so many cheery tomatoes here at home. Since they are very little to can, I just put them in the freezer. I can use it to cook.
- Hubby cooked us breakfast. I feel better after two nights of agony due to the cold I got. I'm still sniffling but at least I don't have the headache and the chill anymore.
- We went to the Shoe Department over at Fort Steuben Mall after visiting Dad. We bought our Burritos some shoes they need for Sunday's function in school. Hubby also bought me a new pair of boots.
- Tomorrow will be a very busy day for us. Ms. Burrito will sing at 12 o'clock mass then at 2-4, they have a Halloween event. We will go t the funeral home at night.
I picked some of the green peppers I have left in my garden before frost kills it. Instead of making onion rings, I made some pepper rings to go with the fried chicken for our lunch.
October 28, 2011:
- I feel like crap today, nevertheless, I have to get up and do my job for my Burritos and Mr. K.
- Mr. Burrito and I finished the alphabet today. He is now particular in writing each of the letters. Next month, we will focus on numbers but we will review what we learned on letters. Practice makes perfect so we would keep on doing it until he is ready for kindergarten next year.
- We visited my FIL later this afternoon. Hubby finished fixing his car wile we bond with Raquel and Bumble Bee who visited Dad too.
- As of this writing, I am ready to pass out, hubby gave me a dose of nyquail to help me with my cold. So good night and thank you for visiting.
Friday, October 28, 2011
Both of my Burritos love sugar cookies. Sometimes when their sweet tooth attacks, they request for this kind of cookies.
- I brought our bunny, Wubzy, inside the house. It's going to be 32% tonight so I don't want him to freeze outside.
- I am not sure if I am allergic to rabbit but as soon as I brought him inside, I started sneezing and now I have a runny nose. Hubby gave me benadryl so I am floating already.
- We went to Dad's where the rest of the family were there, after Ms. Burrito's dance lessons.
- I made some egg noodles and chicken wings for dinner and Ms. Burrito requested for some palitaw.
- I have to go to bed now, my eyes are so heavy because of the meds.
Thanks for visiting, I'll make it up to you (to visit) as soon as were done dealing with the loss of our family. Your prayers and kind words are highly appreciated!
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
An image taken last year's Easter celebration. My brother -in-law Dave looks so healthy then, we never thought that the cancer is already creeping in his system. He lost the battle against the cancer, he took his last breath tonight. Thank you all for your prayers.
October 26, 2011:
- The whole day today was very stressful. We knew that anytime Dave is passing because yesterday, his internal organs are shutting down. I feel so sad upon hearing the news because it reminds me of the time when my brother died, it's painful.
- I have never seen my husband cry before but tonight, he did. He was fixing my FIL's car when the phone rang and he knew that it was about Dave.
- On the lighter note, the porch was officially done today. The contractor kept calling for us to give the last payment but the job wasn't quite finish yet this morning so we told them that there are three things they need to finish before we give the last payment. They did what we asked this afternoon so we gave the check. Too bad, they're not that fast when they were doing the job, we could have enjoyed it when the weather was still warm. Oh well, we love our new porch so I can't really complain.
- I have to go to bed now, it's past midnight. I just want to update before I go to bed. We might be very busy for the next few days for his funeral.
Thanks everyone for keeping us in your prayers!
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
It's funny to think that as we get older, we really don't care to have a bash celebration for our birthdays. Just to spend time with our family is better than having a big party. I celebrated my ????? birthday at home with my husband and kids and we had fun. Hubby bought a cake and Rylie and I made a wish and blew the candles hehehe..
(Originally posted at my Bravejournal blog in June 11, 2009 and deleted and transferred here). Comments were also copied here.
October 24, 2011:
(Originally posted at my Bravejournal blog in June 11, 2009 and deleted and transferred here). Comments were also copied here.
October 24, 2011:
- I was so busy today. Ms. Burrito threw up all over the place when she was about to leave to school this morning. So I called the school and let them know that she is sick. She had an upset stomach and we let them rest instead of going to school. We picked up her homework at school and she did it when she felt better this afternoon.
- I made some sisig for me and hubby and pork chop for the kids with broccoli for lunch. Hubby made some mac and cheese for dinner.
- I did two baskets of laundry earlier this morning. Time flies, I have some task to write but it is past ten now and haven't half done yet huhuhu. I am beat!
Monday, October 24, 2011
My niece-in-law, Jen, made this jelly out of jalapeño and other kinds of pepper and oh man, it is so good! It is sweet and spicy, so good to eat with just about every food.
- Such a busy Saturday for us. Hubby cleaned and removed the tarp and rug on our truck.
- I cleaned the house while doing the laundry. Kids were very helpful too!
- We visited Dave for a little bit and proceeded to visit Dad. Jen made some lasagna and garlic bread and I made some mini pizzas. We all had dinner together.
- My BIL's condition is worsening, he is so thin now that he is barely hanging on. I think that he is already traveling out there, he told my NIL that he is going to see his Mom. It so hard looking at him knowing that there is nothing you can do but pray. Even medicine cannot do anything anymore, only God knows when Dave is going.
Sunday, October 23, 2011
To make the omelet more enticing to my three eaters at home, I use different kinds of filling. Sometimes I use small pepperonies, ham, bacon bits, and then I tried the lunch meat. Aside from that, green pepper, onion, and tomatoes are also included. I usually mix all the fillings in a bowl and nuke it for one minute before putting it on top of the egg. Oh, I also sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the egg before putting the filling, it makes it even tastier!
- Hubby mowed the grass this afternoon.
- I made fried rice and omelet (again) this morning. I prepared a pack of Uncle Ben's long and wild rice then I made some grilled chicken with apples, walnut, and maple syrup as toppings, it was delish!
- We went for a walk at Marland Heights after visiting my FIL.
Friday, October 21, 2011
My daughter got this "Fill Your Bucket Today" from school. She said that every time someone do something good for somebody, their bucket is getting filled with love.
- It's been so cold here since yesterday. It feels like winter already.
- For the past couple of days, I only teaches my son for an hour and the remaining hour is spent in learning through playing different stuff around the house. It is more fun that way for him like counting the clothes that goes to the washing machine, segregating the colors of the laundry, and playing puzzles. He is doing really good now, he pays more attention to what I teaches him and also very interested in learning compared to last year.
- I made beef and brocolli, and rice for dinner.
- We might visit my FIL later on.
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Palitaw is a Filipino dessert that is made of glutinous rice or in our local place, they used the pounded sweet rice. I was craving it the other day so I tried to make some (my first time). I have dried coconut in the fridge and some sesame seeds so I roasted them together as topping for the palitaw. The word palitaw means to surface. When you mix the flour into water, you form it into small balls and flatten it then drop it in a boiling water, when it floats, that's the indication that it's cooked. My daughter loved it!
- The construction team is on its last step of completing our porch, wohooo finally!
- I have to pick up my daughter in school.
Will update this post later. My BIL Dave went to the cancer hospital today to see if they can still do something for him bu it is too late. The doctor said that the kind of cancer he has, is embedded in the body cells that no matter what you do, you're still going to die. We are all overwhelmed with the revelation because the three months that the former doctor gave him is now shortened to one to three weeks. His skin is already yellow because of jaundice which is an indication that his kidney is shutting down. My BIL Rick was crying when he told John about the news as he was the one who drove Dave to the hospital. The feeling that I had when I found out that my brother died is back.
- I did not go with my husband and daughter at a dance school, I felt sick upon knowing the news about my BIL Dave. Mr. Burrito is here with me.
- I prepared some chicken legs, pepper rings, and salad for dinner. Hubby made cinnamon rolls for dessert.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
My husband and kids love BBQ on a stick. They request for it once in a while when they are tired of other menus that I cook. I only prepare it on occasion but when they make a request, I always granted it.
- Mr. Burrito and I are having class, I'm just sneaking in to see how my blogs is doing lol.
Will update this later. One of my FIL's sister visited him so we went and visited them too. It'd been a while since we last saw each other and it was nice that they came over. They live in Ohio, a two hour drive to my FIL's home.
- The construction team installed the railings today. Hopefully, they'll be done by tomorrow.
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Burger and hotdogs are some of the most easiest food to prepare during summer time.
- Mr. Burrito and I did two letters today and we did some readings.
- I reviewed with Ms. Burrito today for her test tomorrow.
- Whew, I don't have much time these days to blog. It's 12 midnight now and I am still trying to type, am sleepy and tired though so after this one, I am crawling in bed.
Monday, October 17, 2011
One of my favorite dining place here in our Area is Eat N' Park. The kids love it there too because they get to do some coloring while waiting for the food.
- Our day was mellow, we attended mass and visited my FIL and spent sometime with the rest of the family. The kids had so much fun playing in the pile of leaves in front of my FIL's house.
- Happy birthday to a good friend, the author of so many blogs, a tweaker, and a traveler, Ryanne.
- I tried to make some palitaw (Filipino dessert made of glutinous rice) today.
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Can you see the dog's face on the shadow of this pineapple?
- We visited my BIL Dave today and we were so saddened by what we are seeing. He is declining very fast. His wife, Michaele, said that he did not get up nor eat today. He is feeling so rough, he did not even try to get up when we were there. Hubby told my SIL to bring him to the hospital so that he could have at least some food intake through injection or something. I think, he only weighs like 80 pounds now, very thin.
- We proceeded to my FIL from Dave's. He is worried sick too about his son's condition.
- Ms. Burrito is part of the choir to sing at 12 pm mass tomorrow.
Friday, October 14, 2011
This is a snack that the kids ate at Janoski's Farm, a plate of funnel cake., a fried dough with powdered sugar on top.
- I made pizza today.
- My daughter came home with 4 100% and a 97% result with her tests today. Last week, she got everything 100% but this week, she missed one. It is still good though because it is still an A.
- I am doing laundry and at the same time sneaking in my blog hehehe.
- We visited my FIL after I got done doing the laundry.
- We also sent money to my family in the Philippines. Wish I could win a lottery so I could send them more, sigh.
Thursday, October 13, 2011
One of Mr. Burrito's favorite snack at home is green bell pepper. I have so many at our vegetable garden so I am glad that he likes it. My baby boy does not like so many veggies but there are some that he can eat such as this one. He also like black olives and carrots. As long as the veggies are fresh, he likes to eat but once it is cook, he isn't fond of eating them.
October 13, 2011:
- The roof of the porch is done and the guys put some of the columns already. I would be so glad when they get done.
- Ms. Burrito had a ballet dance tonight. She was happy to be back again, she was absent last week due to her sickness.
- My student, Mr. Burrito was making alibis not to do classes with me but it did not work for me hehehe. I got him to do something.
- I made some adobong sitaw for dinner with rice.
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
He said "Hi", She said "Hello" and the rest is history.
Today he said:
"My most heartfelt thanks for making my life complete.
Every single day with you has been amazing."
"It makes me realize, once again, how lucky I am
to know that the one person I can count on,
the one who will always have my back,
Is the one person I love most in this world."
October 12, 2011:
- I had a bad migraine ever since I woke up this morning. What a luck on our wedding anniversary but with the help of my excedrin, it went away towards the end of the day.
- We gave our third down payment for our porch contract, a whopping 7k, whew. Our bank account is drain again wahhh. We still have the last payment of 5k+ after the reno is done.
- Our good friend Dan invited us over for a dinner at Defilice Bros Pizza. Our plan was to go to the mexican resto but then he invited us so we just went to the pizza place. That was very nice of him to treat us during our anniversary. Thanks Dan and Amber.
- We visited Dad after our dinner with the McCabe's.
- I just got done helping Ms. Burrito with her homework, now I can blog a little.
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Morning glories can really brighten your day when you get out the yard and look at their blooms.
- While taking a break from our lesson at home, I am posting this one for ABC Wednesday.
Will update this one later on.
- The construction team laid out some shingles and I am happy that they are almost done with the roof.
- I made some taco for dinner.
- We went for a wal to Hallmark store and bought something.
We tried this Crush Grape soda to see how it taste like. We all like it but I don't think it is healthy for the kids. But I guess if you drink it in moderation, it won't be bad.
- Ms. Burrito is off from school because of Columbus Day so I have two students at home. They duid pretty well with their workbook.
- We jumped in the trampoline after our lessons and played with Champ in our front yard.
- I did laundry and discovered a foul smell coming from the lent section of our dryer. We removed the air duct pipe hoping that something is there but it's all just lent. So hubby opened up the lent section and I cleaned out there, there we found a baby mouse (again wahhh). I think he crawled from our garden through the air duct and got stuck inside the lent section of the dryer then when I turned it on, he got toasted. Oh I am glad we got out that little fella there, it stunk so bad. The good thing about him crawling from the air duct was we got to cleaned out the whole thing. Oh boy, what a day!
- I made pinakbet for me and the kids and beef steak for hubby.
Monday, October 10, 2011
Ever since we discovered the goodness of making our own mini pizzas, it became one of the most requested menu at our kitchen. I am glad that my Burritos love to help me in preparing it. We always load it with pine apple, mushroom, olives, green bell pepper, hot pepper, cherry tomatoes, and lots of cheese.
- Hubby and son mowed the grass this morning before we went to church.
- We visited my FIL after the mass and looked for the remote of the TV that he has been looking for yesterday. He was very happy when my husband found it stuck in one of the couches.
- We went for a walk with Mr. Fancher and pick some walnuts.
This blog does not focus on food only but also include different kinds of spices that affects our lives. So hang in here and explore the world of fun with us. Please bear in mind that little bit of this and a little dash of that makes a Sumptuous Life!