I made this snack that Mama used to make when I was growing up. She uses the sticky rice for this one but since we have limited resources here, I use glutinous flour and mixed it with the halaya in bottle that I bought in Asian store. We call this snack Biribid in bicol or pilipit in tagalog which means twisted.
It's easier to make here because everything is ready unlike the way we used to make it where we have to soak the sticky rice to soften it, then we would pound it with a wooden mortar and pestle and sift the flour then repeat pounding over and over until it's all flour. We also have to pound the sugar so it would turn into powder as we did not have powdered sugar. Mama used to mix the sticky rice with young coconut meat and it's really delicious! This one is not as good as the one that Mama makes but it's good enough to satisfy my cravings.
- It's been two nights in a row that hubby and I haven't had a good night sleep. We have been hearing different noises which we think is weird. I don't like being deprived of sleep because I always end up with a bad migraine during the day. Hubby and I got up at 4 since we couldn't take laying in bed just tossing and turning. I hope that I could sleep good tonight.
- I vacuumed the floor early this morning. I wasn't able to clean our house last weekend because of the funeral and school activities.
- I am practicing Mr. Burrito to count from 1-20 this week. He can recite it fine up to 12 then he forgets 13 and 15 which frustrates him but I told him to just try and try. My motivator is by telling him that girls really like boys that is good with numbers (lol).
- We ate for the first time at the newly opened Bob Evans at our area. It was the first time for me and the kids to eat at Bob Evans. Their food was alright but I don't think I would go back there as much as I want to go back at Eat N' Park most of the time hehehe.
- We went to Walmart after Bob Evans to grab some groceries we need.
Alrighty, need to put the kiddos in bed. Thanks for visiting.