It's my son EJ's 9th birthday today so I baked some gluten free Twinkle Sprinkle Cupcakes with Pistachio Cream. I am not a baker so I rely on box mixes when I have to bake . Luckily, Glutino has a complete pantry of baking goodness. You can find the recipe below.
- 1 box of Glutino Twinkle Sprinkle Cake
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- a packet of red and green sprinkle
- 1 tbsp pistachio cream (optional)
I used my silicon cupcake molds but I only have 8 of them so I have to bake twice. I have to get me another set of these.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- IN a large bow or mixer beat butter until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and milk and continue to blend.
- Add dry mix, continue mixing.
- Add 1/2 of the green and red flakes to batter and continue to mix
- Using a pre-greased cupcake or muffin pan, scoop batter into pan.
- Sprinkle 1/4 on the top of scooped cupcakes that are ready to be baked
- Baked for 26 minutes.
You can put frosting or icing when the cupcakes are cooled down. I prefer cupcakes with no icing, it's too much sugar for the kids!
My son would be happy when he comes home, he would have something to snack. We also got him an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen because he requested for it. Whatever will be left for these cupcakes, we will take it tomorrow on our road trip. We are taking them to Kalahari for his birthday.