Walmart had their corn on sale last weekend for 15 cents a piece so I bought some and cooked it on my birthday. I also made some rice noodles, egg rolls or lumpia, and french bread pizzas.
Some people might say that why on earth would you cook on your birthday? I am a very practical person and I'd rather stay at home, cook a little bit of food and enjoy it with my family. Why pay an expensive meal if you can enjoy your day at home for less! But of course it is the frugal in me that's talking lol.
A Spice A Day # 167-169
- My quest to update this blog daily -
June 15, 2012:
- Hubby took the kids to Starvaggi to swim.
- We went and celebrated my SIL's 16th errrr 61st birthday at Dad's. Grilling was the theme. Grilled chicken legs, unpeeled corn on a cob, and sliced potatoes.
- Happy happy birthday Chris!
June 16, 2012:
- We went to my SIL, hubby and kids swam in their swimming pool while me and Bolt picked some black raspberries at y SIL's garden.
- We visited my FIL afterwards.
June 17, 2012:
- I woke up early and made some breakfast.
- Did laundry and folded them before we went to Dad's.
- I made some puto pao and brought it at my FIL's.
- I prepared some food out there, we had pork ribs, egg noodles, corn, and green beans. Ms. Burrito picked the green beans at Dad's garden and cooked it too. I also made some battered fried banana for dessert.
- We played at the backyard when we came back. Then put away the folded clothes.