I love this time of the year when I can finally eat fresh produce from my garden. I have white strawberries in my garden which I started with only one plant but now I have a plot full of it. This white strwberries are also called white Alpine strawberries or some call them wild strawberries. This alpine strawberries have an exquisite taste and aroma. I like this in the garden more than the scarlet or red strawberies because the birds don't pay much attention to this white ones, thatis probably because they are smaller compared to the red ones which are so visible to the birds when ripen. Another thing that I love about this ktype of strawberry is that, they bear fruit until Fall so you get more fruit even though they are smaller. I kjustlove picking them and eating it as a snack when we are sitting in the back porch or rocking back and forth in the swing.
I am not very fond of radish because it tastes so strong and sometimes bitter. However, I l[anted some last year because our bunny (he just recently passed) love munching on it. A lot came back this year from the seeds that was scattered from last year so I have been pulling it out from the garden and making salad out of it.
- It is a naturally cooling food which help decrease your body's heat during warmer months.
- They can sooth sore throats and sinus infections, it's pungent flavor help eliminate excess mucus.
- It also acts as a natural cleansing agent for the digestive system.
- It is high in Vitamin C so it can prevent viral infection.
- It iliminate toxins and cancer-causing free radicals in the body.
- It contain phytonutrients, fiber, vitamins and minerals that are cancer protecting.
- It relieves indigestion.
- It is low in calories but high in nutrients
- It keeps you hydrated.