So how do I cook my tortang talong? Here is a very simple recipe.
- Wash your eggplant. Boil water in a large pot or skillet.
- When the water boils, drop the eggplant until it is cooked.
- Let it cool down a little so you can peel off the skin. Retain the stem for easy handling when frying it.
- Flatten the meat of the eggplant using a fork.
- Beat some egg in a bowl and add salt, set aside.
- Chopped some onions, tomatoes, green onions (I use chives as I have some in my garden), and if you want some more flavors, you can add some bacon bits (I used left over steak on this one).
- Combine the chopped veggies and meat into the eggs.
- Then when you are ready to fry, put the flattened eggplant into the mixture and fry it. Sprinkle some black pepper when you are frying it.
Now we are ready to eat, yummy! I am a spicy lover so I always put sriracha sauce on top of it. My husband uses ketchup with his.