Arroz Caldo or Congee is type of rice porridge which is very popular in Asian countries, Philippines in particular. There are different ways on how to cook this dish, I make mine in a different manner as well.
What you need:
- 1 cup of Sticky or Sweet Rice
- 1 chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- fish sauce or patis
- Peeled boiled eggs
- Boil a medium pot of water and put the chicken breast to cook and add salt (I don't measure salt, I just taste it as I cook). The flavor from the chicken will serve as your flavoring to the porridge.
- Removed the chicken when it is cooked, picked them to pieces and set aside.
- Put the rice to the broth where you cooked the chicken and make it boil until your desired texture of the rice.
- Add the chicken, fish sauce, boiled eggs, and black pepper.
- When it's done, serve it in a bowl with chicharon and scallion toppings.