I got the privilege to explore the Indian cuisine through the Chicken Tikka Masala spice blend that I received from Love With Food. My husband love Indian food but I have never tried any so I was excited when I saw the mix included in the box. The recipe was very easy to make and I had fun cooking with my daughter.
Here is the step by step for Arora Creations Chicken Tikka Masala:
You will need:
- 3/4 cup olive oil (I only used one table spoon)
- 1 medium onion minced (I used half)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken cubes (I only used two pieces medium size of chicken breasts)
- 1/2 cup minced ginger (I used 1 teaspoon)
- 4 cloves garlic minced (I used a little bit of Garlic Gold Nugget as I am not fond of garlic)
- 8 oz can tomato sauce (I used my homemade tomato sauce)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (I used dried parsley)
*Just ignore the changes I made to the ingredients, I cooked based on what I have available in my kitchen.
How to Cook:
- Heat oil in a sauce pan over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic, and cook until light brown.
- Add Arora Creation Chicken Tikka Masala spice blend and stir constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken cubes and cook stirring frequently for 8-10 minutes.
- Finally add 3/4 cup water, stir once, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro (I used dried parsley on mine).
You can served this over hot rice or Indian bread. We ate ours with steamed rice.
I have a very sensitive sense of smell and because Indian foods has a lot of different spices, it made me nauseous. I love how it tasted though despite the smell. The kids love them and so is the husband. Over all, we had a success on our first Indian cuisine adventure. I may or may not cook Indian food again but we will see.