Below is the Polska kielbasa that we had on New Year's. Eating pork and Sauerkraut (fermented cabbage) on New Year is a German tradition which they believe will bring good fortune if eaten on the first meal of the year. They believe that the meat represent luck while the greens represents money. You can also substitute it with other kind of meat and greens like turnips. You can check from this page what else I have been looking into online while searching for some recipes.
A Spice A Day #10
January 10, 2014
- We asked the teachers to excuse the kids after lunch as we have to take them with us in Pittsburgh.
- My husband renewed his driver's license, got the car registration done.
- An attempt of fraud was made to our AMEX card, glad they caught it.
- I had my Oath taking ceremony at 1 pm. Glad to say I am no longer an alien, yay!
- We re-sceheduled my daughter's piano lessons for tomorrow.
- She went with the Velegol's to watch the movie, Frozen, again..
- My husband and son had a boys' night out.