I love to snack on any kind of nuts and biscuits. MY sister-in-law used to give me home baked biscuits like biscotti and other crunchy bake goodies. I was excited when Almondina, an Ohio-based company that is owned by world renowned musical conductor, Yuval Zaliouk, sent me different flavors of their biscuits. All their cookies are sold in 50 states and some foreign countries for two decades now which says a lot about the company. You can pretty much find their products in big stores like Walmart, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, to name a few.
Almondina are unique - a gourmet cookie, health food and snack, all in one. These extraordinary gourmet treats are created from Yuval Zaliouk's secret family recipe which has been passed down from generation to generation and was introduced to the market in 1989. It is wonderfully crunchy and does not have to be dipped. It is a delightful accompaniment for coffee, tea, soft cheeses and fine light wines.
- Original - America's all natural favorite with almonds and raisins
- Chocolate Cherry - We combined the world's finest dark chocolate with plump cherries to produce an irresistible, decadent treat without guilt.
- Choconut - Rich tasting crunchy chocolate, but low in calories
- Cinnaroma® - The original biscuit for cinnamon lovers
- Gingerspice - Trend setting, with chunks of Australian ginger
- AlmonDuo® - Double-nut wonder with almonds and pistachios
- AnniversaryT - Award winning delight with a touch of anise
- BranTreats® - Made with oat bran and the finest cinnamon "Cookies For Breakfast"
- Sesame - Irresistible, exotic, flavorful
- Seasonal Pumpkin Spice - A seasonal attraction with a delightful touch of fall spices combined with the highest quality almonds and pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
The also have new products:
- Chocolate Dipped – the Original® dipped in the finest, pure, rich dark chocolate was previously offered only certain times of the year is now available year round
- Delights – The Original® Almondina totally encased in Milk chocolate
- Yogurt Dipped – Brantreats® dipped on one side with a layer of all natural yogurt
- All Natural
- Free of cholesterol, coloring and preservatives
- Made with no added fat or salt
- Low in calories - only 30 per slice
- Kosher and Pareve (non dairy)
Almondina is good with tea or coffee. You can eat it as a cracker with cream cheese, Brie or other soft French cheese. You can enjoy it with a glass of sherry use it as crumbled as an ice cream topping. Perfect to serve to youngsters with milk or you can enjoy it as a delicious breakfast on the way to work. Almondina is Crunchy, addictive, healthful! Believe me as I am addicted to this already.
My favorite is the sesame flavored ones, it reminds me of home because I ate a lot of sweet treats with sesame back home when I was growing up. I also love the one with pistachio as I love snacking on pistachio as well. This is definitely a snack I would love to have in my kitchen all the time. Perfect for my morning coffee or snack when I am doing my online gigs.
Disclaimer: The author of this blog was NOT financially compensated to write this review. Opinions expressed is not in anyway influenced by other factors. The product/s mentioned above was provided for FREE for evaluation purposes.