As I was doing my morning walk in the treadmill yesterday, I was thinking of what to cook for dinner. I remember the left over crab meat from our dinner the previous night. I still don't have solid idea what to cook it with though because it was only a little. Then a crazy idea popped into my head "What if I incorporate the crab meat into a ground beef and stuff the red bell peppers that we bought recently?" I wasn't sure if it would turn out okay because it was an odd combination but it's always fun to experiment in the kitchen.
Here's what I've used:
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp. crab meat
- a handful of chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tsp crushed hot peppers
- 2 tbsp Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tsp steak seasoning
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 quart home made tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese (you will need this to top the stuffed pepper when it is cooked)
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds. I normally remove the stem of the peppers but this time, I left it on there. The green color just adds color and it makes it more beautiful.
- Mixed all the ingredients well and stuff each pepper halves.
- Lay it on a baking dish, I always use my pie pan for everything (lol).
- Add the tomato sauce
- Baked it in a 350 degrees heat for one hour
- When it is done, put the cheese on top of each stuffed peppers and return it in the oven just enough to melt the cheese.
It would be easier to just use the ready-mixed Italian sausage but since I did not have it in my fridge and I wanted to do a little experiment, I went with my instinct to just go and have fun with it. I was skeptical to add the crab because my husband doesn't like crabs. It was a bold decision but guess what, it paid off because he loved it! He said that there's something different about the dish but he loved it! Shhhh, I didn't tell him I added crabs in it, lol!
He even ate the left over with spaghetti noodles!