I have seen the Halloween Treat Challenge of Trumoo on Facebook and thought, it's a fun thing to experiment in my kitchen. I went to the store yesterday and looked for the Trumoo Orange Scream milk but could not find one so I just got the Trumoo Chocolate flavored one. I decided to make some candied carrots since I have many carrots that I harvested from my garden. I have never done this before but I had a feeling that it is going to be good so I went for it. Here's the recipe that I came up with:
You will need:
- 3 medium size carrots
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 glass of trumoo chocolate milk
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Orange zest
- Peel the carrots and slice them up. You can make some heart-shape ones out of the small part of the carrots but that's optional
- I decided to incorporate an orange zest since I did not find the orange scream flavored milk.
- In a medium size pan, melt the butter.
- Add the marshmallows and let it melt.
- Mix the cornstarch to the glass of chocolate milk. Then add the mixture to the melted butter and marshmallows.
- Add the orange zest, honey, and cream cheese
- Stir it until the mixture is thick then add the carrots.
- Cook it in a medium high heat for 25 minutes.
- Let it cool a little bit before stacking them up and putting a lunch pick on it.
- The sauce tasted so good so I didn't want to throw it out. I added food coloring to eat and put it in a ziploc bag. Cut the corner of the ziploc bag and squirt the sauce around the candied carrot.
I can't wait til my kids comes home from school. They love trying new treats like this. I love it when company challenges Moms like me because it gets the creativity out of you. You can try my recipe and see if you like it. Preparation is very easy and it tastes so good. It's delicious and nutritious at the same time. You can visit their website for more delicious TruMoo Halloween recipes or check them out through Pinterest for more fun Halloween treat ideas using Trumoo Orange Scream and chocolate flavored milk.