Once in a while, I love looking at the sale rock at the store to see if there's something I can find to use at home. I bought this Swanson soup starter cream for a buck and I finally used it yesterday. My daughter love potato soup so I figured this would be a great after-school snack for them.
- 1 pack Swanson soup cream
- 3 strips of bacon
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme (homegrown)
- 1 tbsp chopped scallion (homegrown)
- 3 medium sized potatoes, peeled diced (homegrown)
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded 4-cheese
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 meduim sized carrots, peeled and diced (you can also use celery if you prefer that.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- In a hot pan, brown the bacon. Remove the bacon and put it in a plate with paper towel. Remove the excess grease from the pan but leave about two tbsp.
- Add the potatoes, onions, and carrots and cooked for five minutes.
- Add the swanson starter soup cream, salt, and pepper.
- Chopped the bacon and add halp to the mixture.
- Reduce the heat and cooked it for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are done.
- Sprinkle some bacon and scallions on top and enjoy!
|My kids each has a bowl of this after they practice piano|
On another note, I am so glad that my son has finally come to love playing piano. I am kind of guilty pushing him to learn how but I am glad that I did becausae he doesn't gfeel inferior with his sister's ability to play. I wanted him to learn something that he could use his too much of an energy and focus. Now, they can both rock it out. There's no interest in boss gt-10 just yet but who knows, maybe someday, they will explore more with music. For now, I am happy that both of them love to play piano.