My best pick for this month's gluten-free goodies from Glutino includes cake mix, cookie mix, cupcake mix, brownie mix, chocolate cream cookies (which is not in the photo since the kids have opened it up as soon as it arrived), chocolate wafers, pretzels, and chips. I will be busy baking this month since I got most of their baking mixes. Baking is not my cup of tea but I like how simple the recipes are in the back of these boxes. It is easier for a non-enthusiast baker like me to make them.
- 1 box Gluttonous gluten-free sugar cookie mix
- 6 tbsp of softened butter
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp matcha blueberry powder
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkle
- 1 tsp of pandan flavor, you can use vanilla
- Optional : several drops of food coloring (I did not use any because the pandan flavor has a green color already)
- Optional : 2 tbsp sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon kept separately for coating the cookies. (I replaced this with sprinkles)
For those of you who do not know what pandan flavoring is, Pandan (Pandanus amaryllifolius) is an Asian herb in the Pandanus (screwpine) genus, which is commonly known as pandan leaves and is used widely in Southeast Asian cooking as a flavoring. We used to put this in the rice when we cook it as it gives that very appetizing aroma to the rice, kind of like the smell of a jasmine rice.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat the butter until fluffy, scrape the bowl.
- Add the sugar cookie mix. Mix to combine the two.
- Add eggs and the pandan (or vanilla and food coloring if you desired) Mix thoroughly. Roll into 1 inch balls. I used my cookie scooper.
- Add sprinkles on top. I tried to roll it into the sprinkle but it is too much so I decided to just sprinkle some on top.
- Set 1 inch apart on a lightly greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
I also sprinkled some powdered sugar. My boys have sweet tooth so they thought these cookies aren't sweet enough. Needless to say, they ate it all. Thanks again Glutino! I will be baking the cupcakes next, maybe this weekend with the help of the kiddos.
Disclosure: The owner of this blog was NOT financially compensated to write this review. I was provided with the product/s mentioned to help me facilitate this review but opinions are my own.