Lemon and garlic comes great together in this crispy chicken Milanese recipe. I am not fond of garlic but it is needed on this specific menu. The oven roasted potatoes and the bright arugula salad with creamy lemon chive dressing makes this for a light but hearty dinner. You can find the recipe below.
- 24 oz chicken breast
- 24 oz potatoes
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 lemon
- 1/2 oz chives
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 oz arugula
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Prep and roast the potatoes: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the potatoes into 1/2-inch wedges. Toss the potatoes on a baking sheet with a drizzles of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes, tossing halfway though cooking until golden brown.
- Mince the chives. and zest and halve the lemons.
- Place the panko in a shallow dish with a pinch of salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, combine the lemon zest, garlic powder, sour cream, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prep the chicken: Place the the chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a meat tenderizer mallet until 1/2 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper, then toss each breast with the sour cream mixture to coat. Press the chicken into the panko mixture to adhere on both sides.
- Cook the Chicken: Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, if necessary, add the chicken to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp sour cream, 1 tbsp chives, a squeeze of lemon and a large drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
I love this meat tenderizer mallet that I got from Cavetools. I used this right away when I made the dish above as the chicken need tenderizing. This mallet is a perfect tool to have in the kitchen . It is great a pounder for chicken, steak, beef, and other tough cuts of meat. Now that I have this, I will have to try making weiner schnitzel and cordon bleu. Its STAINLESS STEEL DESIGN IS DISHWASHER SAFE saving you tons of time cleaning up and also safely sterilizing any raw meat left behind. This would also be great to use to crush nuts, garlic, ice and hard candy with ease. You can get this through the link above or though this amazon link. You can use this code KRYLK4CT for an additional 155 off.
Toss the arugula with just enough dressing to coat and serve alongside the chicken Milanese and crispy potatoes. Sprinkle with the remaining chives and enjoy!
I also used the mallets to pound the chicken I used when I made the cordon bleu. I will be posting the recipe for that soon.
Disclosure: The owner of this blog was NOT financially compensated to write this review. I was provided with the product/s mentioned to help me facilitate this review but opinions are my own.