We visited Dad at my SIL's house last Saturday. My FIL is getting so skinny and can' recognize anyone anymore but despite that, he still hanging in there. He is really good trooper although I can tell that he is tired and wanting to rest already. Anyway, my sister-in-law, Chris let us tried her newly baked Amish FRiendship Bread. She gave us the recipe so I handed it to my daughter.
When we came back home, my daughter immediately gathered all the ingredients and tried making it. Here is the recipe.
- 2 3/4 all purpose flour, we used gluten-free
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 sp baking poweder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 serving size) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat two 9x 5 inch loaf pans with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chia seeds, and pudding mix; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Stir liquid mixture into flour mixture and combine well. Evenly divide mixture into two loaf pans.
- Bake 55-60 minutes, or until a tiithpick inserted in center comes out dry. Let cool 15 minutes, then invert and finish cooling on wire rack.
This was a nice snack that we had, timing for the national Friendship day. This would also be great to give as gift during the National Hugging Day. So if you have someone special you want to give a hug and a nice snack, prepare this recipe, it is so good!