I baked a pan of brownies yesterday. My husband has been craving for it for days but my gluten-free goodies have just arrived the other day. So here is the recipe:
Disclosure: The owner of this blog was NOT financially compensated to write this review. I was provided with the product/s mentioned to help me facilitate this review but opinions are my own.
- 1 pack Glutino gluten free pantry double chocolate brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup sweetened coconut shavings, divided into 3/4 for the mixture and 1/4 cup for the toppings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8x8 inch pan with vegetable oil. I use this pan so the brownie will be thin.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3-2 minutes. Gradually add dry mix. Beat to moisten.
- Add butter and stir until combined.
- Fold the 3/4 cup coconut shavings and lightly mix.
- Pour in prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of coconut shaving on top of the mixture.
- Then bake for 25 minutes.
- Put the baked brownies in the freezer for 5-8 minutes for easy cutting.
When my kids arrived from school, they immediately smelled the goodness of the brownies upon entering the door and immediately went in the kitchen. Our daughter grabbed one slice right away to satisfy her sweet cravings. I seldom bake sweets so it is always a treat for them when I do once in a while.
This month's Glutino box includes lemon-flavored wafer bites, pretzel with sesame seeds, decadent chocolate cake mix, old fashioned yellow cake mix, corn bread mix. and two flavored frosted toaster pastry. My daughter is planning to bake one of the cake mixes this weekend. So far, the lemon wafers is gone and the sesame pretzel rings is by far my favorite snack when blogging. A friend of mine told me that gluten-free products are somewhat yucky. I told her that it depends on the brand that she would buy. I recommended Glutino to her since her son is gluten intolerant.