I am glad that my kids eat fish. My husband is very picky when it comes to fish menus. Daughter is like me, she would pick fish over meat. Son on the other hand says "Ewww" for everything except sweets but I make him try anyways lol.
Here's the recipe for you to try.
- 1 lb salmon fillets, thawed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 118 tsp. cayenne
- 1/3 cup rice wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (white of black)
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, cayenne, and rice wine/broth in a small sauce pan. Bring to boil and simmer until reduced and thickened.
- Spread glaze on the flesh side of the salmon and allow to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Place Sesame seeds in a bowl or plate and coat the fillets, pressing lightly to ensure they stick.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Beginning with the skin side up, cook the salmon until firm to touch, about 3-4 minutes on each side depending on thickness of fillet.
The photos doesn't really do the justice but I can assure you, it was delicious.
My husband even said "I don't even have to use ketchup to eat it". He uses ketchup when eating fish to counter balance the fish taste hehehe. Thanks goodness, my experiment was a success!