My son has been asking for egg mcmuffin but I really don't want us buying food if I can just cook. I asked my husband what's in mcmuffin and he told me. This morning, I tried to come up with something that I know my son would like, close enough to be mcmuffin but without a muffin.
This is very easy to do. He asked for this again for dinner and he said he wants it again tomorrow for breakfast.
- 1 egg
- 1 sausage link
- a teaspoon of shredded cheese (or whatever kind of cheese)
- Slice Scallions (optional)
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Cooked the sausage and sliced them up.
- Cut up some scallions.
- Break the egg and put it in a small bowl, sprinkle salt on top, cover it with paper towel, then put it in the microwave. Nuke it for 20 seconds then take them out. The egg white should be half cook and the egg yolk is still raw.
- Put the sliced sausage, scallions, and top it with cheese.
- Return to the microwave with the paper towel covering the bowl. Nuke it for 40 seconds and it will be done.
Just look at how it light up my son's face seeing his delightful treat! He told me that he would love this for lunch at school, so this is added in my list for the lunch he love to eat when they don't like the hot lunch school is serving for certain days.
Tip: Spray a little oil on your bowl for easy removal. I did not use any oil or butter but I still managed to take it out easily.